State of Alaska Tier II Forms

In 1997, the SERC approved the Alaska Tier II form. Owner/operators and LEPCs may download the Alaska Tier II form and the instructions for this form at the blue links below. If you have questions regarding Tier II reporting please contact Kathy Shea with the Department of Environmental Conservation at 907-269-3071, or email

New for 2016, you can file your Tier II paperwork electronically. To file electronically, click here, or visit

Instructions for the State of Alaska Tier II Form (2016)

Alaska Tier II Form (Adobe Acrobat Reader)

SERC Policy & Procedures for Public Access to Tier II Reports

AS 29.35.500 Municipal Powers and Duties, Reporting, Hazardous Materials. This statute requires the use of the Alaska Tier II form in place of the EPA Tier II form. It also identifies substances covered that are in addition to federal substances identified in the Environmental Protection Agency. Consolidated List of Chemicals Subject to EPCRA

If you experience difficulty downloading the files, please contact the Alaska SERC Coordinator, Kevin Reeve, at 907-428-7019, or email

Tier II Reporting "Frequently Asked Questions"

Q: Where do I address the SERC's copy of the Tier II from?

A: The Department of Conservation receives Tier II Reports on behalf of the SERC at the following address:

Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation
Spill Prevention and Response
410 Willoughby Avenue Suite 303
P.O. Box 111800
Juneau, AK 99811-1180

Q: When are Tier II forms due?

A: Tier II forms are due each year no later than 1 March.

Q: Can I file the Federal Tier II form or does the State have its own?

A: You must use the State of Alaska Tier II form. The electronic reporting system will generate this form.

Q: Where can I get a copy of the Alaska Tier II Form?

A: The Alaska Tier II Form is available from your Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), SERC, or this website.

Q: What chemicals are subject to the EPCRA?

A: A consolidated list of chemicals subject to the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act can be found at this sites page titled covered substances. For gases and refrigerants you may also reference a gas conversion table available here.

Q: Who do I contact if I have questions about the reporting requirements?

A: Technical assistance for local and State reporting requirements is provided by your LEPC and/or your local fire department.

Further technical assistance for State reporting requirements is available from the State Department of Environmental Conservation’s Division of Spill Prevention and Response (Kathy Shea) at 907-269-3071 or e-mail

Technical assistance for federal reporting requirements is available from the Federal Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know (EPCRA) Hotline at 800-424-9346 or the Internet at:

Q: To whom do I send my Tier II Reports?

A: One copy of your Tier II Reports must be submitted to each of the following:

  • Your local fire department.
  • Your Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC). Click here for LEPC mailing addresses
  • The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) via DEC

If you are using the electronic database, the database will submit the forms for you. You will not need to print and mail them.

Q: Where can I get a list of LEPCs? What is the address of my facility’s LEPC?

A: Contact your Borough Office of Emergency Services or click here

Q: Can I submit my Tier II Report to the Municipality of Anchorage on the new Alaska Tier II Form?

A: Yes. The law requires the new Alaska Tier II Form to be used for local chemical inventory reporting programs.